AS A LANDLORD WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE
ELITE PROPERTY SERVICES?
Why Elite Property Services?
Elite Property Services understand the importance of providing every Landlord, whether novice or experienced with a service that maximises the financial return from their property or property portfolio and currently ‘managing over 150 properties – this itself is a true testament of the professionalism Elite Property Services offer.
Elite Property regularly collate a comprehensive data base of Tenants who register with their requirements – which can then be easily cross referenced to suit your property
Elite Property Services offer (3) levels of service – Platinum / Gold / Silver as complete packages, detailed below. Our fees are NOT subject to VAT. Any additional needs / requirements will be accommodated where practicable.
LETTING & MANAGEMENT SERVICE:
For Landlords who only wish to ‘Register’ their properties under Rent Smart Wales
This is our Platinum Service and is designed for Landlords who prefer not to become ‘Licensed’ under the Rent Smart Wales part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014. For this service, we keep fees simple and easy to understand, with just one simple payment each month, which is negotiable depending on the amount of properties being offered of the achieved monthly rent. If we don’t get you your rent – we don’t get paid. There are no other charges made to Landlords for this Platinum Service:
- Market your property
- Arrange accompanied viewings with potential tenants between 10am – 9pm ( 7 days a week )
- Obtain references on all Tenants through a ‘Credit Referencing’ agency
- Prepare the Tenancy Agreement
- Collect and submit a deposit ( if required ) into the Deposit Protection Service ( DPS ), which is a government authorised Tenancy deposit protection scheme.
- Collect the monthly rent, transfer funds to your bank or building society ( net of our agreed fees )
- Provide a ‘Statement of Account’ on request for tax purposes etc.
- Arrange a Schedule of Condition & Inventory and other services required at the beginning and end of a Tenancy, including electrical and gas certification
- Take in going and outgoing meter readings for services and inform the relevant utility companies and local authority regarding Council Tax
- Carry out regular ‘Periodic Visits’ of the property and submit an emailed report each time for Landlords information
- Arrange and supervise any minor repairs and maintenance needed up to an agreed limit of £250.00 In the event of am emergency we will exceed any repair limit you may specify if, in our opinion, this would prevent further damage to your property
- Engage on your behalf, with your authority and at your expense, the services of a professional surveyor to report on any major problem
- Serve ‘Notice’ on the Tenant to terminate the tenancy
- Sign out the Tenant at the end of the tenancy
TENANT & RENT MANAGEMENT ONLY:
For Landlords who wish to ‘Register’ & ‘License’ their properties with Rent Smart Wales
This is our ‘Gold Service’ and is designed for Landlords who prefer to ‘Register’ and ‘License’ their properties under the Rent Smart Wales part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014. For this service, we do everything included in the ‘Platinum Service’, minus however the repairs, periodic visits, engage a surveyor if required, serve ‘Notice’ or sign out tenant at the end of the tenancy.
We keep fees simple and easy to understand, with just one simple payment each month which is negotiable depending on the amount of properties being offered, of the achieved monthly rent. If we don’t get you your rent – we don’t get paid. There are no other charges made to Landlords for this Gold Service.
FINDING YOU A TENANT ONLY:
(We Offer This Service – FREE – To Landlords)
For Landlords who wish to ‘Register’ & ‘License’ their properties with Rent Smart Wales
This is our ‘Silver Service’ and has been structured for the Landlord who feels confident in managing their own property but just needs a little help in finding the right tenant who is both credible and suitable.
- Visit the Landlord at their property to provide them with a rental assessment / offer guidance on all areas of residential lettings, from presentation to financial matters
- Make recommendations on presentation and guide the landlord through the safety regulations that the property will need to comply with
- Advertise the property on several online advertising streams and media and erect if requested a ‘For Let’ board
- Conduct / accompany viewing which can be arranged from 10am – 9pm ( 7 days a week)
- Supply Professional Referencing of all tenants (and Guarantors where applicable) . Supply Credit check , previous landlord and current employer check, ID and bank statement check
- Draw up full inventory if being Let furnished supported by photographic evidence to condition etc
- Draw up and provide legal ‘Assured shorthold Tenancy Agreement’ with other signed documentation to complete a secure tenancy.
Marketing your property:
Elite Property Services have the latest technology and IT support to ensure that they have access to accurate and up to date information and can communicate quickly and efficiently. The Internet is used mainly now when tenants are looking for a property to rent and often want to move quickly. Our main marketing tool therefore is our state of the art website, where rental properties are available to view. We also upload our services to Facebook and other property portals. This 24/7 marketing is supplemented by traditional methods such as ‘To Let’ boards , local press advertising.
All viewings are by pre arranged appointments. Elite Property Services are somewhat unique in that they offer viewings from 10am – 9pm (7 days a week) which more than caters for the discerning tenant. Keys are NEVER just given to a prospective tenant. Regular feedback is supplied after each viewing.
Credit / Referencing Checks:
To ensure as far as possible that a potential Tenant is suitable to rent a property, Elite Property Services employ independent companies who specialise in vetting Tenants and carry out checks to establish their credit worthiness. It should be acknowledged that the system s are not infallible. The referencing we provide applies to all potential Tenants whether they be professional, disabled, benefit tenants or students. If a Guarantor is required to support the application then they too will be Credit checked. This facility can also be offered on a ‘stand alone’ basis should the landlord require it.
As a Landlord it is your preference regarding Tenants who may be smokers, have children and /or pets are strictly adhered to. Elite Property Services has computer software which is continually updated to ensure that their Tenancy Agreements comply with the most up to date legislation, for your protection. Being a member of the Residential Landlords Association also gives the back up with compliance with the Housing Act. A sample copy of the ‘Contract’ can be viewed on this web site.
Payment of Rent and Deposit:
Elite Property Services use computer software especially developed for the industry to maintain up to the minute records on all Tenanted properties and receive rent by standing order from tenants and transfer it directly to your nominated bank or building society account. All rents are collected monthly in advance and we take a deposit from the Tenant normally equivalent to 1 months rent. Deposits are held by the DPS (Deposit Protection Scheme).
Buy To Let Mortgages:
Elite Property Services, with the guidance of a major high street bank, can offer the facility and advice with regard to low rate buy to let mortgages (enquire for further details).
Elite Property Services can offer the landlord the benefit of advertising their property on this website for an individual fee (enquire for further details).
Elite Property Services in partnership with a national Tracing Agency can locate any tenant who has absconded owing rent or any other outstanding payments, in addition to issuing high courts writs if applicable.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC):
From 1st October 2008, each rental property is required to have an EPC which gives the property an Energy Efficiency Rating and an Environmental Impact Rating between A & G. This is valid for 10 years, must be available on request by any prospective Tenant and prepared by a qualified assessor. We can arrange for this to be carried out for the Landlord and would be happy to provide a free quotation.
Any property with gas alliances will need a current ‘Gas Safe’ certificate, issued by a registered engineer, this is a periodic certificate. Elite Property Services can supply a certificate by request for an agreed fee.
Electrical Landlords Certificate:
Although not a legal requirement, Elite Property Services advice strongly to have one in place. This certificate can only by issued by a qualified / registered electrician, normally lasts 10 years. By request Elite Property Services can arrange to provide a certificate for an agreed fee.
Condition of the Property:
Elite Property Services advice Landlords to have all carpets professionally cleaned prior to the commencement of the Tenancy and that the property should be maintained and presented in good decorative order both inside and out. It is to be remembered the Tenant provides you with rent and unless the property is presented well you wont maximize on your rent. The wiring and plumbing should be safe and in a good state of repair. Please remember, your asking for a Deposit against the state of the property